1. The Wembley Compassionate Fund (WCF) needs to collect personal information so that it can fulfil its Trust obligations. WCF will comply with data protection law and will protect the information it holds to ensure information subjects’ right to privacy.
2. The WCF needs the following information on applicants:
a. Name, address, telephone number and email address, so that WCF can contact them and keep appropriate records. This information will be kept indefinitely.
b. The applicant’s circumstances and needs, so that the Trustees can judge whether to grant support. This information will be kept for 5 years from the date of the Trustees’ decision on the application.
c. A description of and the value of any award, so that the WCF can keep a record of its grant making. This information will be kept indefinitely.
3. Each applicant will be notified if, and by whom, an application is made on their behalf.
4. Information on an applicant’s circumstances and needs in an ineligible application will not be retained.
5. The WCF needs the name, position, address, telephone number and email address of the proposers of applicants so that the WCF can contact them and can keep appropriate records. This information will be kept indefinitely.
Trustees and Officers
6. The WCF needs the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of its Trustees and Officers so that the WCF can contact them and can keep appropriate records. This information will be kept indefinitely.
Privacy of information
7. All personal information will be stored securely and shared among the WCF’s Trustees and Officers, who are under an obligation to protect the confidentiality of that information. Personal information will never be passed to any other party without the information subject’s permission.
Requirement for consent, right of access and amendment
8. Applicants, their proposers, WCF Trustees and WCF Officers are required to give their consent to the retention and use of their information.
9. All individuals whose personal information is held by the WCF have the right to withdraw consent at any time, the right to see the information and the right to ask for deletion or amendment of any inaccuracies. They can exercise those rights by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the WCF Secretary at Wembley Compassionate Fund, c/o 970 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA0 2QE.